Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moon Lantern Festival '11.

All this while, born and grew up in Malaysia, never have I went to a Lantern Festival before. Malaysia dont have such event. People eventually just go the a field nearby and play with lanterns by themselves or burning candles haha. It was my first time attending such event, and it was HUGE!

They set up a stage and huge lanterns walking around representing their school or club or nation. There are also food stalls from Korean food to Indian food. Majority of the lanterns are battery operated but I am not surprised because if you are using a lantern that requires a lighted candle then I hate to break your bubble that it is impossible that your lantern will be lighted for long lol. Its spring here in Adelaide now and its still cold with strong winds especially at night hence the battery operated lanterns.

I had the best kimchi and rice cake with peanuts!





No comments: